Sunday, September 27, 2009

So that explains it...

I am suffering from extreme jet lag. Just to explain the scope of this jet lag, my home in Plainville is five hours behind London. Five. Can you imagine this? It is 9 a.m. here, it is 2 p.m. there; it is 1 p.m. here, it is 6 p.m. there. I could go on, but I believe you get the picture. 4 p.m., 9 p.m. Exactly. No one who is six hours away from where their natural body clock is telling them they are, can be held to account for their words or actions. When it is lunchtime here, I want dinner. This is no way to live.

"As I mentioned in my speech Wednesday, I am suffering from extreme jet lag. Just to explain the scope of this jet lag, my home in Libya is six hours ahead of New York. Six. Can you imagine this? It is 9 a.m. here, it is three p.m. there; it is 1 p.m. here, it is 7 p.m. there. I could go on, but I believe you get the picture. 4 p.m., 10 p.m. Exactly. No man who is six hours away from where his natural body clock is telling him he is, can be held to account for his words or actions. When it is lunchtime here, I want dinner. This is no way to live."--from "Saturday Night Live" sketch, "U.N. Address Open: Libyan President Muammar Qadhafi explains himself" on 9/25/09

No comments:

Post a Comment