Tuesday, March 10, 2009

WAIT FOR ME

March 27, 2007

I am waiting for the somebody that you are
I can see you and know
Who you are and what you'll be
A man with a vision that includes me

In the house with the porch
On the tree-lined street
and cups of coffee and tea
We would live and we'd fight

If you come sooner rather than later
It won't make much difference
Since I've already spoiled the bloom
If you come at all
I hope you can forgive me
For not waiting for you

"I dream about our life together, knowing it will be forever; I'll be yours and you'll be mine. When we say, 'Till death to us part,' I'll mean it with all of my heart. NOW and always faithful to you. I am waiting for you, darling. Wait for me too; wait for me as I wait for you." - Rebecca St. James

No comments:

Post a Comment